Need Scholarship Aid?
Our Green Home Scholarship
First Place Windows has been installing energy saving windows to customers in San Antonio for the past 9 years (since March 2010). We are dedicated to serving our customers, offering the best possible services in the industry, as well as helping homes reduce their carbon footprint.
Why is this important? Climate change is one of the world’s leading problems. Everyone has a responsibility to personally make an effort to reduce their carbon footprint, yet it can be a difficult task to navigate. One of the easier transitions to becoming greener is to reduce emissions generated by your own home.
Are you an undergraduate student studying in the US and are you invested in helping Climate Change? You could well have the knowledge to win our $1,000 scholarship by writing an essay.
Essay Questions and Review Criteria
Please craft a 1,000-word essay answering the following questions:
- What are the best ways of making a home more energy efficient?
- What can you envisage that the next steps are that individuals can take to reduce their carbon footprint in the future?
- What efforts have you personally made in reducing your own carbon footprint?
- The essay should answer all of the questions
- The 3 essay questions should be well balanced with the word-limit in mind
- We want to encourage the use of reputable scientific studies in your essay, please also link to studies used and cite these properly
The following applicants will be considered for the award:
- Applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited US college or university for the semester, they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants are not required to have a minimum GPA.
- Applicants are not required to have a specific Major.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
- Applicants attending online universities are welcome to apply.
- Applicants are playing an active role in Climate Change.
Required Application Details
- Please submit proof of enrollment or an acceptance letter in an accredited learning institution. We will accept a recent transcript, acceptance letter, or tuition bill. Please note: if you are in the process of applying for colleges and universities, please indicate your current school and submit a document with the schools you have currently applied to. If you are selected for the scholarship, we will ask you to provide proof of enrollment for your college or university at that time.
- Please submit the essay as a PDF or.Doc
- Please submit The First Place Windows Green Home Scholarship form under “How to Apply” below.
How to Apply
Please complete the form with the following information to apply:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- College or University Name
- College or University Mailing Address
- Proof of Enrollment – Transcripts, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted. Please submit as .jpeg, .pdf, or .doc
- Your Essay
- Confirmation and acceptance of terms and conditions
All applications must be submitted by June 30, 2019.
A winner will be selected and notified via email by July 15, 2019.
Additional Scholarship Details
- The winning candidate will be selected by a panel of judges from First Place Windows.
- The scholarship is available on a yearly basis and is non-renewable.
- Questions about The First Place Windows Green Home Scholarship can be directed to Liz Chambers at email@example.com.
- The scholarship funds provided by First Place Windows will be sent via check to the college or university. Funds are to be applied to qualified college expenses (including tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board) for the current academic year.
By submitting an application, we are granted permission to send applicants information regarding their application only, via their submitted email address.
No applicants will be contacted regarding anything other than their application.
The winner will be asked if they will grant First Place Windows permission to post their name, school, photo (if submitted), and their essay on First Place Windows or in other communications relating to the scholarship program.
We will remove any information pertaining to applicants at their request.
All information (proof of enrollment, essays, and email) relating to applicants is destroyed as soon as a winner is announced.
Terms & Conditions
All submitted photos and essays must be original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All scholarships are non-renewable. By submitting an application to the First Place Windows Green Home Scholarship, you certify that all the information you have provided is original, accurate, and complete.
- Use their name, photo, essay response, and award amount, if any, in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc) issued by First Place Windows.
- Post the applicant’s name, college or university, and the essay on the First Place Window website.
- Email information to the applicant regarding their application.
- Winners will be notified via email, and announced publicly, as well as on First place Window’s social media pages.
Scholarship Resources For Your Scholarship Journey
The Federal Student Aid site has important information that may help you on your scholarship journey. https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/types/grants-scholarships/finding-scholarships
If you are unsure if your school is accredited, you can use the US Department of Education’s search tool to see if your school features on their list.
How to detect scams