Need Help Finding the Right Windows for Your San Antonio Home?
Window replacement is considered the second-most important thing you can do to improve your home’s curb appeal. Many homeowners have a difficult time finding the right windows for their home; and that’s okay! The right windows not only make your home more attractive, but can also improve the overall energy efficiency of your home so it’s a lot to think about. When replacing your windows, you should think about the following seven window replacement ideas to help you make the right decision.
- Security: One purpose of windows is o keep occupants and contents of a house safe. So when you choose new windows, this should be a big part of the decision process.
- Energy Efficiency: The right type of windows will help with improving the energy efficiency of your home. Heat loss and heat gain is primarily through your windows. Having energy efficient windows will save you money in energy bills. Some features of energy efficient windows include tinting, glazing, and low-e glass (low energy-emissivity).
- Soundproofing: Privacy and acoustics are also major considerations when choosing windows. You want to be able to minimize the level of noise that comes in and goes out of your house. If you live in a high traffic area, you will want to keep out the constant sounds of vehicles passing, and even building noises. Double pan and triple pane glass works well to provide this type of sound-proofing.
- Aesthetics: The look of the windows and how they work to improve the overall attractiveness of the house are important factors when choosing new windows. The style chosen should complement the design of the house itself.
- Mismatched Replacements: If you are looking to replace just a few of your windows, you may want to choose windows that are similar to the existing ones. We will be able to help you find the perfect way mix and match the window designs to create a beautiful effect even if you have to choose mismatched replacements.
- Type of Material: Wood windows work well with older homes, and enable them to retain their classic charm. Vinyl clad windows are popular for new homes. Very little maintenance is required for vinyl clad windows. They also come in many colors, making it possible to find just the right type to reflect your personality.
- Budget: Ultimately, your window budget will determine the type of windows you install. The type of glass, the energy efficiency features and even the style and design will depend on how much you have to spend. You need to choose wisely since window replacement and new window installation can be a costly affair.
Window Replacement in San Antonio
New windows increase the value of the house, improve curb appeal, and give you a new sense of pride as the homeowner. According to a 2016 study by the National Association of Realtors, new windows are a good investment since homeowner can get back 73 percent of the cost when they sell the house later.
The window specialists here at First Place Windows have the experience you need to find the perfect windows for your home. We’re located in San Antonio and have been helping homeowners with all of their window needs for many years. Contact us through the website or give us a call at 210-444-9485 if you would like to schedule an appointment for a consultation. You’re sure to love our no-pressure sales quote, complete with a free estimate and a free jar of our original home-made First Place Salsa.